Friday, November 21, 2014

EARLY MORNING

Casper out early barkin' at the mountain.Seems my camera has as much trouble focusing early as I do. I'm in the flag tower and he's four floors below makin' sure the critters up and down the back yard know we are awake.

 And a little red Canyon Wren letting everyone know that it's time to start again. One wren has been roosting under the house for some weeks. I'll try gettin' a picture soon.
 This past summer a pair of wrens had four broods of babies under the tower (our future small insect control experts!). A brood is about the same as a batch in bird nomenclature as far as I know. But I'm retired!
The video turns out kinda useless but the wren is worth it's weight!

Here's a short early morning look at the east from the flag tower. You can see down onto the steel roof of the lower part of the house. Two sets of solar panels provide our power. No maintenance required and there is a half inch nylon rope below to rotate the assembly and fallow the sun. Also maintenance free.  

No comments:

Post a Comment